LET'S HAVE A CHAT: JULY EDITION
Firstly, a massive thank you for the great feedback on last months post - I'm so glad you loved it as much as I did! I've always loved reading more personal, intimate posts, and so it's such a nice way for me to share more of my real life, not just my 'online persona' with you all! It's a space where I can discuss what I've been up to that month - whether it's cool things I've done with friends or even fun events I've been lucky to attend - but also, things I've been loving.
This last month has gone by really quickly and has been filled with some really exciting stuff, most notably, my birthday. So yeah, let's kick it off!
- I kicked off the month with a big hangover actually, but it was so worth it. I very rarely get to go out these days, especially without a work agenda, and so it was really nice to get dolled up and boogie the night away with some of nearest and dearest!
- As I said, it was my birthday month and so to celebrate, some of my favourite blogging gals and I went to have mexican food at one of my all-time favourite restaurants, Cafe Pacifico. The night was filled with sangria, fajitas, giggling and eventually some dancing.
- I got to spend an afternoon shooting with one of my favourite blogger friends, Pip. She lives quite far away from London so we don't get to see each other so often, but when we do, it's full of laughs!
- On my actual birthday, my lovely boyfriend Joe, organised a really nice picnic for us both in the park. I think what was meant to be a relaxing time turned into us both rolling down the hills, me drinking prosecco from the bottle and in turn, singing along way too loudly to old school tunes.
- I got sent some REALLY thoughtful, and generous, gifts from the lovely people at Estella Bartlett. I've always been such a fan of their jewellery so to receive something from them on my birthday meant so much to me.
- I shot my first proper beauty campaign for Rimmel, the photo of which was later reposted by them on their Instagram page. Such a pinch me moment!
- I went to the Christmas in July event and met with loads of really cool high-street gifting brands such as Biscuiteers, Flying Tiger, REN & Firebox. I won't lie, it was a bit nuts to already be thinking about Christmas half way through a heatwave, but the event was great! The goody bag was even better ;)
- I went to an Aperol Spritz event at the Southbank with my good friend Cat which was lovely. We then rounded the evening off with a big ol' bowl of spaghetti and a bottle of wine at Strada - to me, that's heaven.
- I accidentally - but happily - stumbled across the new Instagram trendy pop-up Mister Fitz's in Soho which sell some really delicious ice-cream. The interiors are so kitch and fun, so make for a great Insta shot.
- I had a very exciting meeting with Barclays (random, I know, but I'll share more soon) at the delicious Granger & Co. Their ricotta hot-cakes are to die for mmm.
- Another massive highlight was definitely my trip to Paris with my two blogger friends Kelsey & Nimi. The main reason of going was to get a lot of content for Instagram, and we did just that! Two 5am starts meant that we were able to capture some really great shots of Paris at its most quiet time, and we're all so chuffed with the outcome. Make sure you check my Instagram for the shots, as well as to see my highlights from the trip! But in short, we saw all of the sights, ate some delicious food and got to know each other even better!
BITS I'VE BOUGHT THIS MONTH
WHAT I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO
Flames - David Guetta
She Loves Control - Camila Cabello
On My Mind - Preditah, Jorja Smith
Fire Burnin - Ross David
INSTAGRAM ACCOUNTS I'M LOVING
Until next month, my loves
P.S. Make sure you're following me on Instagram: